Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Vidalia tips off with district win
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
- January 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- January 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- January 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- January 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- January 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- January 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- January 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 12th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- January 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- January 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
|Vidalia tips off with district win|
Vidalia High's Brandon Hawkins did what seniors need to do with his team needing a spark in its District 2-2A opener at home against Bunkie Tuesday night.
Vidalia trailed most of the contest and was down 35-29 late in the third quarter when Hawkins took over, hitting three straight 3-point shots to tie the game at 35-35 before Quan Riley hit a free throw to give the Vikings the lead.
Vidalia led 41-39 at the end of that quarter and maintained that two point lead at the end of the contest, pulling out a 54-52 win.
"I just felt like I couldn't miss," Hawkins said of his three straight 3-point shots. "I was trying to bring our team back and keep us in hte game. I knew we needed something. That was a huge win for us. I believe we sent a message."
Bunkie led Vidalia 15-10 after one quarter of play and increased that lead to 29-21 at halftime.
Quatrell Thomas netted 15 points for the Vikings.
Romanski Williams paced Jonesboro-Hodge with 16 points.
In the girls contest, Bunkie defeated Vidalia, 36-23.
Rachael Wagoner led Vidalia with 12 points.
Vidalia travels to Avoyelles Friday to face the Mustangs in a District 2-2A contest.
The Vikings visit Bolton on Tuesday before returning home on January 25 in a district contest with Marksville.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|