Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Candidate forum scheduled January 31 in Vidalia
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
- January 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- January 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- January 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- January 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- January 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- January 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- January 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 12th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- January 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- January 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
|Candidate forum scheduled January 31 in Vidalia|
Concordia Parish voters will have a chance to see and hear candidates for offices in Clayton, Vidalia and Ferriday address issues involving their towns during the Concordia Parish Candidate Forum scheduled Thursday, January 31, 2008, at the Vidalia Conference and Convention Center.
The forum is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Candidates for aldermen, police chief and mayor have been invited to take part in the forum. Municipal elections are scheduled February 9 in Vidalia, Ferriday and Clayton.
Those candidates taking part in the forum will be provided a list of non-partisan questions distributed in advance. The candidates will not know which questions will be asked during the forum, but will have the opportunity to prepare their answers. Questions will be dispersed by Thursday, January 24, 2008.
Rosco of the "95 Country Morning Crew" and Sheri Rabb of First Natchez Radio Group will be the emcees. They will give a brief description of the forum, the format to be followed and the offices being represented.
The forum will begin with the Alderman offices and end with the Mayoral races. Candidates for each office will appear simultaneously on stage and will answer questions in alphabetical order.
Each candidate will be given a maximum of one minute to introduce themselves, then a maximum of two minutes to respond to his or her question. The candidate will be signaled at one minute and will have one minute to wrap up. A stopwatch will be used so that each candidate has equal opportunity.
The Concordia Parish Candidate Forum is being hosted by the Concordia Sentinel and First Natchez Radio Group, which includes four radio stations -- 95 Country-WQNZ, Kiss 97.3 WKSO, 105.1 The Groove-KTGV and 1450 AM WNAT. In addition, Wesley Bruce, of Bruce Video, will videotape the forum to be broadcast on Cable One's Channel 4, several times prior to the election.
The event is being advertised in the Concordia Sentinel and on the four radio stations that comprise First Natchez Radio Group.
For more information contact Stratton W. Hall at 601-334-2642 or by e-mail mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to participate in the forum is Monday, January 21, 2008.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|