Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Vikings still perfect in district
- 2013 - 340 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
- January 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- January 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- January 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- January 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- January 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- January 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- January 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 12th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- January 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- January 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
|Vikings still perfect in district|
Brandon Hawkins laid in a layup at the buzzer to give Vidalia High a 54-52 overtime win over Buckeye in Deville Tuesday.
With the win, the Vikings remain unbeaten in District 3-3A.
"Anytime you can win on the road it's a good win," said Vidalia coach Robert Sanders. "We didn't play well, but did what we had to do to win."
The Vikings finished the first half of the district without a loss.
"We just need to go out and improve on what we are doing and continue to try and get better," Sanders said.
The contest stayed tight throughout with Vidalia trailing 9-8 after one period and 25-22 at halftime.
After both teams scored 10 points each in the third period, Vidalia outscored Buckeye 16-13 in the final period to force overtime.
The Vikings actually had a five point lead with two minutes remaining before Buckeye hit a 3-pointer at the end of regulation to send the game into overtime.
"We shot free throws poorly," Sanders said.
Gary Stewart and Quartrell Thomas scored 13 points each and Brandon Hawkins had 10 points for Vidalia, which improved to 18-5 overall and 5-0 in district play. Jeremy Fuqua led Buckeye with a game-high 18 points.
Buckeye's girls defeated Vidalia, 55-28.
The Lady Panthers led 20-2 after one period and 30-6 at halftime.
Tyshica Rogers and Rachael Wagoner scored 12 points each for Vidalia.
Vidalia travels to Bunkie Friday before returning home on Tuesday for a district contest with Avoyelles High School.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|