Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Ferriday sweeps Lake Providence
- 2013 - 285 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
- January 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- January 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- January 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- January 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- January 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- January 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- January 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 12th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- January 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- January 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
|Ferriday sweeps Lake Providence|
It's been a wild past few days for Ferriday High's basketball teams.
On Friday, the Trojans' game at Sterington was postponed because of icy conditions and will be made up Saturday at noon in Monroe.
On Tuesday, Ferriday High had to change its home game against Lake Providence to Vidalia because of a leak in its gym.
But it would not have mattered to the Lady Trojans where they played Tuesday after falling to Lake Providence 54-53 in Lake Providence earlier this month.
The Lady Trojans pulled back into a tie with the Lady Panthers with a convincingg 80-57 win.
"It didn't matter where we played because we wanted this game so bad," said Ferriday coach Lisa Abron. "The girls came out aggressive and intent on winning. They didn't stop until the game was over, which is what I expected. We got Ja'Lassia (Davis) back after she sat out the Natchez game with the flu and she did a good job rebounding. Lake Providence has some big girls and they crash the boards on every shot."
If the two teams win out the remainder of their games, a tiebreaker game will probably be played on Feb. 11 at a neutral site.
Shanice Poole led Ferriday (26-5, 4-1) with 24 points while Jasmine Upchurch had 23 points and Jasmine Butler finished with 18 points.
"We had our fast break going and got some easy layups," Abron said.
In the boys contest, Ferriday remained unbeaten in the district with a 60-52 win over the Panthers.
The Trojans led 19-7 after one period of play and 32-19 at halftime before holding off a late Panther rally for the win.
Montrell Tennessee led the Trojans with 21 points, while Matthew Smith and Josh Upchurch added 16 points each.
"I have been pleased with the play of our guys," said Ferriday coach K.G. Watkins. "We had a nice win over Natchez and I think that really helped us getting back into district play. We're getting good balanced scoring and need everyone to contribute each night.
Ferriday travels to Jonesboro-Hodge on Friday before making up its game at Sterlington High on Saturday.
"That's going to be tough, but we have no choice," Abron said.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|