Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: NFFHF banquet set
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
- January 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- January 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- January 28th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- January 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- January 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- January 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- January 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 12th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- January 8th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- January 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
|NFFHF banquet set|
Newly-named Alcorn State head football coach Ernest Jones will be the featured speaker at the 27th Miss-Lou Chapter of the National Football Foundation and Hall of Fame banquet to be held Feb. 21 at 7 p.m. at the Natchez Eola Hotel.
The banquet is held each year to give scholarships to seven area football players.
Mark Welch of Vidalia High became the first Concordia Parish football player to win the award in 2006, earning a $2,000 scholarship. Cathedral's Thomas Ballard won the top prize last year.
Representing the parish this year are Jeremy Washington of Vidalia High, Kendrick Harris of Ferriday High and Seth Swilley of Huntington.
Others being honored are Lee Guedon of Adams County Christian School, Jesse Morrison of Cathedral, Parker Brumfield of Trinity and Kendell Logan of Natchez High.
Two popular sports enthusiasts from the Miss-Lou who died in a plane crash in Texas in December of 2006 will also be honored.
Former Concordia Parish School Board member Jerry Roberts was named as a recipient of the Contribution to Amateur Athletics Award, while Barr Brown will receive Distinguished American Award posthumously.
Jones was a part of the 1994 SWAC championship team at Alcorn that was quarterbacked by Baltimore Raven signal-caller Steve McNair.
Jones was the running backs coach at the University of Cincinnati.
Junior high athletes being recognized are Jacari K. Williams of Ferriday Junior High, Dylan Knapp of Vidalia Junior High and Levi Brown of Huntington School.
The Miss-Lou Chapter holds a golf tournament each year with money raised going toward the scholarships.
Tickets can be obtained by calling (601) 442-5481 (Big Joe Oil), Scott Kimbrell at 442-1494, John Mark Williams at 336-5258 or Tony Byrne at 446-7175.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|