Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Monterey girls fall in tiebreaker
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- February 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- February 25th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 17 articles
- February 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 18th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- February 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- February 9th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- February 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- February 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Monterey girls fall in tiebreaker|
Monterey High's girls team fell to Epps, 47-37 Monday in a tiebreaker game to decide third place in District 3B.
The contest was played at Harrisonburg High School.
Monterey defeated Epps Friday to force the tiebreaker game, which allows Epps to enter the playoffs as a wild card.
"We stayed with them most of the way, but just make it happen," said Monterey girls coach Cary Shively. "Friday night we were in a had-to-win situation four quarters of some of the best basketball. This team played hard every time we went on the court. They really got after it. It was a real fun team to coach."
The contest was tied at 8-8 at the end of the first period before Epps outscored the Lady Wolves 10-6 in the second period for an 18-14 halftime advantage.
Monterey took a 27-26 lead at the end of the third period before the Lady Panthers outscored the Lady Wolves 21-12 in the final period for the win.
Madison Simpson led Monterey with 20 points.
Monterey's boys will enter playoffs as a wild card by virtue of sweeping Forest during the regular season. Monterey will be on the road for a first round game on Feb. 21. The bracket will be released Tuesday.
Monterey's girls picked up their first district win of the season on Friday as the Lady Wolves defeated Epps 47-41to force the tiebreaker game against the Lady Panthers.
Both teams finished with one district win.
Monterey's boys fell to Epps, 70-49.
The Lady Wolves led Epps 10-7 after one period and 26-18 at halftime.
Epps cut the lead to 35-29 after three period, but the Lady Wolves held on for the win in the final quarter.
Simpson led Monterey with 23 points, while Shaneika Finley added eight.
Monterey's boys trailed Epps 22-10 after one period and 30-22 at halftime.
Billy Metcalf, Jon Lipsey and Garrett Lipsey led Monterey with 11 points each.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|