Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Virginia Furr Bird
- 2013 - 340 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- February 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- February 25th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 17 articles
- February 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 18th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- February 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- February 9th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- February 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- February 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Virginia Furr Bird|
Funeral services for Virginia Furr Bird, 102, of Sicily Island were held Tuesday, February 19, 2008, 1 p.m. at Pine Hill Baptist Church with the Rev. Clois Cole officiating.
Burial followed at Old Pine Hill Cemetery under the direction of Young's Funeral Home in Ferriday.
Mrs. Bird was born September 28, 1905, in Wesson, MS, the daughter of Lee Wray Furr and Emma Cordelia Girault Furr. She passed away Sunday, February 17, 2008, at Sicily Island.
She was a homemaker and a member of Pine Hill Baptist Church.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Audley Verne Bird; her parents; two daughters, Deta Allgood and Sunny Grayson; two grandsons, Darian Bird and Walter Grayson; three sisters; and four brothers.
Survivors include one daughter, Laverne Harris of Bossier City; one son, Girault Bird and wife, Juanita, of Sicily Island; one sister-in-law, Sally Furr of Vidalia; two nieces, Mary Virginia Smith of Wisner and Jane Olson of Nashville, TN; four grandchildren, Judy Allgood Wallace, Ann Page Grayson Arnold, Mary Ellen Grayson Hopkins and John Girault Bird.
Pallbearers were Don Arnold, Ian Arnold, Hardy Hopkins, Jeffery Keith Hopkins, Stan Wallace and John Bird.
Memorials may be made to Pine Hill Baptist Church in Sicily Island.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|