Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Catahoula Parish's 200th celebration on tap
- 2013 - 295 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- February 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- February 25th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 17 articles
- February 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 18th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- February 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- February 9th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- February 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- February 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Catahoula Parish's 200th celebration on tap|
Catahoula Parish is turning 200 years old next month on Easter Sunday, March 23, 2008, and the Bicentennial Committee is planning a birthday celebration like no other.
On each of the five Saturdays in March, a different area of the parish will hold a celebration with activities and historical presentations.
The Larto Lake community kicks off the celebration on March 1, followed by Harrisonburg's "party" on March 8. Sicily Island will hold its celebration on March 14-15, with Jonesville hosting its activities on March 22. The Jim Bowie Relay Station at Enterprise will cap off the events on March 29.
While March has been designated the birthday celebration month, there will be activities throughout the year including quarterly musical concerts of jazz, country, and rock & roll.
Colored prints of the 1936 drawing of the Troyville Indian mounds on the site of present-day Jonesville are available to purchase and can be seen matted and framed at Four Rivers Insurance, Southern Heritage Bank and Catahoula-LaSalle Bank in Jonesville.
Everyone will want a copy of the Catahoula Parish Recipes and Recollections Cookbook which will be available beginning March 1st at the Larto celebration.
Commemoratiave plates and mugs depicting scenes around the parish will also be available.
For information on all of the festivities, see www.catahoulabicentennial.com.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|