Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Vera Aline Smith Toney
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- February 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- February 25th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 17 articles
- February 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 18th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- February 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- February 9th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- February 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- February 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Vera Aline Smith Toney|
Funeral services for Vera Aline Smith Toney, 77, of Ferriday were held Monday, February 25, 2008, 11 a.m. at Pentecostals of the Miss Lou with Rev. Gary Howington and Rev. Shawn Plant officiating.
Entombment was held at Woodlawn Mausoleum in Ferriday under the direction of Comer Funeral Home in Ferriday
Mrs. Toney was born March 27, 1930 in Wisner to Woodard D. and Maggie Luvenia Smith. She passed away Friday, February 22, 2008, in Ferriday.
Mrs. Toney had been a resident of Ferriday for over 60 years and a homemaker. She was a member of the Pentecostals of the Miss Lou. She was preceded in death by her parents; three sisters, Maggie Meister, Ethel Swilley, and Katie Cain; and two brothers, Charles A. Smith and Rufus M. Smith.
Survivors include her husband, J. B. Toney of Ferriday; three sisters, Georgia June Lazarus of Zachary, Rachel Baum of Baytown, TX, and Mildred Archer and husband, Bob, of Ferriday; sister-in-law, Gaye Sullivan of Natchez; special nephews, Marcy and Jason Archer of Ferriday; and numerous nieces and nephews, and a host of friends.
Members of the church will serve as pallbearers
Honorary pallbearers were Marcy, Jason, Noah, and Bob Archer.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|