Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: IN TODAY'S SENTINEL -- WEDNESDAY, MARCH 12, 2008
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- March 27th, 2008 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- March 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- March 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- March 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- March 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|IN TODAY'S SENTINEL -- WEDNESDAY, MARCH 12, 2008|
UTILITY BILLINGS EYED IN FERRIDAY AUDIT
Why did some utility customers in Ferriday receive credits totaling $55,400 and why were some billed for only 10 gallons or less of water per month? These are two of the questions asked in an independent auditor's report released by the Louisiana Legislative Auditor this week and among the reasons the town's finances are being audited by the state agency.
MAYOR, COUNCIL DISCUSS FERRIDAY AUDIT
The Ferriday Town Council spent most of its meeting Tuesday night discussing a audit recently released by the Louisiana Legislative Auditor for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2007. CPA Myles Hopkins told the town there was a problem with the water billing system, which led to the Legislative Auditor taking computers from the town on March 5.
SHOULD FERRIDAY ELECT ITS POLICE CHIEF?
Ferriday resident Marguerite Hayes asked the Ferriday Town Council Tuesday why the town does not elect its police chief.
HEAVY RAINS BLAMED FOR RISE ON LAKE CONCORDIA
Heavy rains caused the water level on Lake Concordia to rise several inches last week in a short period of time. The issue was discussed at the Concordia Parish Police Jury regular meeting Monday night.
PSC's FOSTER CAMPBELL SPEAKER AT VIDALIA CHAMBER
Public Service Commissioner Foster L. Campbell, Jr. told the Vidalia Chamber of Commerce Tuesday at noon that six years ago when he was running for his current office there was hardly anything on the Vidalia Riverfront.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|