Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Lady Vikings down Buckeye
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- March 27th, 2008 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- March 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- March 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- March 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- March 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Lady Vikings down Buckeye|
Vidalia High's Lady Vikings could not have found a better time to put forth one its best defensive effort of the season, as well as a top-notch effort from senior pitcher Brittany Whittington.
Facing one of the top pitchers in District 3-3A, the Lady Vikings pounded Buckeye pitcher T. Deville
"That was a big win for us," said Vidalia head coach Jeanne Hall. "I felt like we were the underdog going in because I knew how good they were and knew it was going to be a tough game."
Vidalia got all the hits it needed in its first at-bat and little more after that as Chelsie McElwee led off with a single, Chelsea Warren followed with a base hit and Kassi Randall lined a base hit down the third base line to score a run.
Mary Katherine Golden then followed with a solid line drive to left field off the glove of to score another run.
"I was thrilled our first four batters got one base," Hall said. "I was disappointed we didn't score again when we had runners in scoring position. But we ran the bases well."
The Lady Vikings were unable to score any more runs, but Whittington did not need any more help.
Buckeye scored its only run in the second inning.
"Brittany threw awesome and Mary Katherine did a great job behind the plate," Hall said. "Kassi Randall is taking over some of those pop ups that have been falling in the infield. My outfield had a great game. They look so confident catching fly balls now. Eddie (Beach) and I now have the confidence in our defense that we need and that they need to have in themselves. We kept telling them how good we knew they could be and how much potential they had and I think that it really showed in this game. We kept telling them that it was going to be the little things in that game that made a difference. And it was. Pitch location and great defense. Just making the routine outs and working the pitcher so that the count in your favor. That is what lead us to victory."
Vidalia plays at Bolton in a District 3-3 contest in da district game before before traveling to Bunkie on Monday.
The Lady Vikings will host Avoyelles Tuesday in a district game that was rained out earlier this month.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|