Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: George D. Thornton Jr.
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- March 27th, 2008 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- March 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- March 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- March 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- March 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|George D. Thornton Jr.|
Funeral services for George D. "Doug" Thornton Jr., 81, of Monterey, formerly of Newellton, were held today, Wednesday, March 19, 2008, 10 a.m. at Christian Fellowship Church with the Revs. George Ferrington, Gene Brown and Bill Bearden officiating.
Burial followed at Legion Memorial Cemetery under the direction of Young's Community Memorial Funeral Home in Winnsboro.
Mr. Thornton was born April 26, 1926, in Texon, TX, the son of George Dudley Thornton Sr. and Gladys Delores Denny Pachta. He passed away March 14, 2008, at Riverland Medical Center.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy and served his country faithfully during World War II as a merchant marine. Doug was a member of Christian Fellowship Church in Winnsboro and the American Quarter Horses Association.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Doris "Chick" Thornton; his parents; and one brother, Keith Leroy Thornton.
Survivors include five children, Dutch Thornton and wife, Jill, and Vickie Reynolds and husband, Hambone, all of Monterey, Butch Thornton of Newellton, Debbie Thibodeaux and Squirrel Thornton and wife, Liz, all of Winnsboro; two brothers, Richard Tabor of Hattiesburg, MS, and Henry Dale Pachta of Amarillo, TX; one aunt, Jeanne Vasconcelles of Brentwood, CA; and 18 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren.
Pallbearers were Bo Thornton, Floyd Thornton, Dutch Thornton, Seth Thornton, Josh Thornton and Robert Pearson.
Honorary pallbearers were Mike "Yank" Ray, Mark Day, Danny Hendry, David Merritt, Darrell "Flip" Wilson, Derrick Barlow and Sonny Etheridge.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|