Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Lady Vikings hosting tournament
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- March 27th, 2008 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- March 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- March 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- March 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- March 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Lady Vikings hosting tournament|
Vidalia High's softball tournament has expanded.
Lady Viking head coach Jeannie Hall is having to use the Vidalia Softball League park Friday to accommodate the 11-team field for the round robin tournament.
The tournament will be divided into two pools. Pool 1 will have Rayville, Franklin Parish, LaSalle, Vidalia and Caldwell, while Pool 2 will consist of Vicksburg High, Harrisonburg, Mangham, Monterey and Block.
Hall is hoping for better conditions than last year when the tournament was cut short because of rain.
"We are hoping to have better weather than last year," Hall said. "We were rained out last year after about the third game that Saturday morning. We are in a pool with some great teams. There should be some good close games. It's that part of our season where it's time to put everything together and use what we have learned all seven innings."
Vidalia fell to Caldwell before beating LaSalle in its two games of the tournament.
Tournament action begins Friday at 4 p.m. on the Vidalia High field as Vicksburg High faces Mangham. At 5:15 p.m., Monterey meets Block, followed by Vidalia against Caldwell, Monterey taking on Mangham and Vidalia against Rayville.
Action at the summer league park Friday begins at 5 p.m. as LaSalle meets Franklin Parish. Vicksburg faces Block at 6:15 p.m., followed by Franklin Parish against Rayville.
Saturday's play will take place at the Vidalia High field beginning with Vicksburg against Monterey at 9 a.m. Harrisonburg meets Mangham at 10:15 a.m., followed by Vidalia against Franklin Parish.
At 12:45 p.m., LaSalle takes on Caldwell, followed by Monterey against Harrisonburg, Rayville taking on LaSalle, Franklin Parish against Caldwell, Mangham tangling with Block, Vidalia meeting LaSalle at 7 p.m. and Rayville facing Caldwell in the nightcap.
Concession stands will be available as well as T-shirts for the tournament. Admission is $5 for adults and students and $3 for those 12-under.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|