Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Martha DePrato Paul
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- April 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- April 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- April 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- April 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- April 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- April 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 20 articles
- April 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- April 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- April 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Martha DePrato Paul|
Funeral services for Martha Paul, 89, of Ferriday will be held Friday, April 4, 2008, 2 p.m. at Sevier Memorial United Methodist Church in Ferriday with Rev. Barry Dennis officiating.
Burial will follow at Natchez City Cemetery under the direction of Comer Funeral Home.
Visitation will be held Thursday, April 3, 2008, 5 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home.
Mrs. Paul was born January 28, 1919, in Ferriday, the daughter of John Louis DePrato, Sr., and Pinkney W. DePrato. She passed away Saturday, March 29, 2008, at her residence.
Mrs. Paul had been a life long resident of Ferriday and a long time member of the Sevier Memorial United Methodist Church in Ferriday. She served 37 years in the Concordia Parish School system as an active teacher, coach, and later central office supervisor. After retirement, she served three terms on the Concordia Parish School Board, totaling 50 years of service altogether.
Coach Paul's athletic team won a total of seven state championships; two in basketball, two in softball, three in track and field. She was the guiding force for the beginning girls summer league softball programs, the Pigtail and Ponytail Leagues. She was honored by the local community in 1962 by being the honoree of Martha Paul Day in Ferriday, after winning back-to-back state championships in basketball. Mrs. Paul was inducted into the Louisiana High School Athletic Association Hall of Fame in the early 1990's for her accomplishments as a high school coach.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, Lloyd T. Paul, Sr.; a daughter, Janice Paul Fitzgerald; one brother, J. L. DePrato, Jr.; aunts, Emma Hagle and Daisy Wilson; and uncles, A. B. Hagle and Joe Wilson.
Survivors include a son, Lloyd T. "Buddy" Paul and wife, Betty, of Ferriday; daughter, Jerry Paul Fuller of Anchorage, AK; five grandchildren, Michael Guyer and wife, Christa, of Denver, Co, Regina Hileman, Julie Hileman, Aaron Paul and wife, Jennifer, and Ryan Paul and wife, Krystle; five great-grandchildren, Taylor Fuller, Dusty Starky, Audrey Mae Norlander, Enola Guyer, and Annalise Paul; sisters-in-law, Anna Marie Davis and Kitty Vogt DePrato.
Pallbearers are Billy Rucker, Mike Rabb, Ray Routon, Bill Colvin, Richard Alwood, Marion Newman, William Coleman, and Mike Price.
Memorials may be made to the Martha D. Paul Memorial Scholarship Fund at Delta Bank.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|