Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Lamarr gets bid for gym work
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- April 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- April 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- April 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- April 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- April 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- April 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 20 articles
- April 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- April 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- April 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Lamarr gets bid for gym work|
A bid to renovate the Florida Street Gym was let on a 3-2 vote during the Ferriday Town Council meeting Tuesday night to a contractor who doesn't hold the proper commercial contractor's license.
Dorothy Oliver's company, D.C. Lamarr Contracting, LLC, was awarded the work on the Ferriday Gym after much discussion.
Lamarr submitted the lone bid of $54,500.
Oliver complained to aldermen that her bid was submitted last month but that she had not been contacted since that time.
D.C. Lamarr Contracting, LLC is listed as a home improvement contractor on the Louisiana State Licensing Board of Contractors and does not have a license to work on commecial buildings, according to the site.
Gloria Lloyd, Robin Charpentier and Johnny Brown voted to award the bid to Lamar, while Jerome Harris and Glenn Henderson voted against it.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|