Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Jury selection begins Monday in Connor Wood case
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- April 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- April 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- April 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- April 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- April 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- April 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 20 articles
- April 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- April 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- April 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Jury selection begins Monday in Connor Wood case|
Jury selection begins at 9 a.m. Monday for a trial which is expected to garner much attention inside and outside of Concordia Parish.
Sixteen-year-old Connor Wood, accused of murdering his parents and his friend last year when he was only 15, will be tried on three counts of second degree murder.
"We're busy getting prepared and hope to pick a jury early next week and complete the trial by the end of the week," said 1st Asst. Dist. Atty. Brad Burget, who is prosecuting Wood.
Attorney Paul Lempke of Harrisonburg is representing Wood.
Wood is accused of shooting to death his mother, Geraldine Trevillion Wood, 40; his father, John David Wood, 42; and a friend, 16-year-old Matthew Whittington on March 14, 2007 in the Wood's home on 119 Shady Lane in the Woodland Subdivision of Ferriday.
The case has drawn national media attention.
A total of 294 Concordia residents have been summoned for jury duty for the trial while 40 individuals have been subpoenaed as witnesses.
Subpoenas have been issued for:
Concordia Parish Sheriff's Office: Sheriff Randy Maxwell, Chief Deputy Bobby Sheppard, Investigators David Hedrick, Shelia McFarland and Jack Fletcher, Capt. Frankie Carroll, Sgts. Phillip Webber, Todd Ainsworth and Patrick Cavin, and deputies David Cobb, Lee Ford, Jerry Emfinger, Larry Lawrence, and Dale Cowan.
Concordia Correctional Facility: Dep. Deborah Cowan, Lt. Kelly Evans, Ofc. Michael Sherbia, and Sgt. Karinda Williamson.
Ferriday Police Department: Ofc. Derrick Freeman, Ofc. John Hawkins, Maj. Johnny Evans.
Others: Ofc. Elbert White of Vidalia, Joyce Perry of Metro Miss Lou Ambulance Service, Rapides Parish Sheriff's Office Det. Mike Stephan, Coroner Dr. Sara Lee, Dr. Karen Ross of Harvey and Mike Stelly of the North Louisiana Criminalistics Laboratory in Alexandria.
Rickey or Patti Raven of Ferriday to have Patrick Hails in court, Lynda Jones to have Jordan Jones in court, Wayne Gray to have Cory Gray in court, Joseph Lawless, K.E. Blaylock, Brant Barnett, Lisa Pay, Edith Latham, Helen Aiguier, Pearl Ford, Leslie Jackson and Davis Corbett, all of Ferriday.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|