Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Three plead not guilty in Ferriday police case
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- April 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- April 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- April 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- April 18th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- April 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- April 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 20 articles
- April 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- April 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- April 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Three plead not guilty in Ferriday police case|
Three of six men indicted by the parish Grand Jury March 17th concerning wrongdoing within the Ferriday Police Department entered not guilty pleas in Seventh Judicial District Court today (Wednesday) in Vidalia.
Two of the three entering pleas included a current Ferriday police officer and a former officer.
Pleading not guilty were Ferriday police office Rickey Hollins, 51, 200 South Oak St., Vidalia; former officer Willie Robinson, 46, 110 Loomis St., Clayton; and Arthur Johnson, 39, 505 Texas Ave., Ferriday.
Hollins, represented by Derrick Carson, was indicted on charges of simple battery, false imprisonment, aggravated assault, malfeasance in office and first degree injuring public records, while Robinson, represented by Andy Magoun, was indicted for false imprisonment and malfeasance in office.
Johnson was indicted for one count of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. Robert Clark stood in as Johnson's attorney today in absence of E. Roland Charles.
Judge Kathy Johnson slated a preliminary exam for Johnson on August 20. For Hollins and Robinson, she set June 13 for attorneys to file motions and July 11th as the date for the state to answer those motions.
Asst. Dist. Atty. Ronnie McMillin handled the state's case this morning.
Also indicted in this case in March were:
• Ferriday police officer John Hawkins, 40, 120 Canal St., Ferriday, on charges of simple battery, two counts of false imprisonment, and two counts of malfeasance in office.
• Ex-Police Chief Robert "Rock" Davis, 52, Ferriday, on charges of false imprisonment and malfeasance in office.
• Former officer Juanita January, 26, indicted for one count of felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|