Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Monterey track runs third at Regional
- 2013 - 340 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- May 29th, 2008 (Thursday) - 17 articles
- May 28th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- May 22nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- May 21st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 15th, 2008 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- May 14th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- May 8th, 2008 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- May 7th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 6th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 1st, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Monterey track runs third at Regional|
Monterey High's girls track team placed third at the Class B Regionals in Ruston, while the boys placed fourth.
Sophomore Brooke Baker will be competing in the 3200-run at State for the fourth straight year, while Beau Shively will return in the 200-meter dash. Brooke's younger sister, seventh-grader Kaley, won the 3200-run in a time of 13:36.4, just ahead of Brooke at 13:47.24.
"I am very impressed with how well our girls competed at Regionals," said Monterey coach Avery Ashley. "That's the best finish for a Monterey team in several years. We are also elated to have the Baker sisters going to State. They've become known as the 'Baker Twins.' We are also excited about sending our only senior, Beau Shively, back to State for one more chance to compete at LSU."
In girls results Taylor Morace won the javelin with a throw of 95 feet, 4 inches.
Logan Dale won the triple jump at 32 feeet, 4 1/2 inches.
Rachel Pecanty placed second in the 1600-run at 6:15.03.
Kristin Russell placed second in the 800-run at 2:44.52.
Ellen Bairnsfather placed second in the 400-dash with a time of 1:07.31.
Mollie Simpson finished second in the 300-hurdles at 53.26.
Kristin Lipsey just missed qualifying for State, but will go as an alternate after finishing fourth in the 800-run at 2:53.99.
Pecanty, Shelby Millican, Bairnsfather and Dale placed fourth in the 1600-relay.
The Monterey boys placed fourth at Regionals.
Shively placed third in the 200-dash with a time of 24.11 and was fourth in the 100-dash at 11.85. Chance Cooper qualified for State with a third place finish in the 300-hurdles at 45.46.
Tyler Trant was fourth in the discus with a throw of 98 feet, 11 inches.
Ethan Cannon was fourth in the 3200-run at 12:40.59.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|