Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Monterey's Morace fourth in javelin
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- May 29th, 2008 (Thursday) - 17 articles
- May 28th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- May 22nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- May 21st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 15th, 2008 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- May 14th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 17 articles
- May 8th, 2008 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- May 7th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 6th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 1st, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Monterey's Morace fourth in javelin|
Monterey freshman Taylor Morace placed fourth in the javelin at the Class B State Track Meet held Friday at LSU's Bernie Moore Track Stadium in Baton Rouge.
Morace was one of 10 Monterey athletes competing in the state meet, the most the school has sent in several years.
"Their eyes were real big," said Monterey head coach Ashley Averey. "But this was a good experience. We only had one senior and the rest were underclassmen. Hopefully we can take even more next year."
Morace threw the javelin 95 feet, 1 inch to finish just four inches behind Amber Carpenter of Oak Hill. Mauri McBride of Weston won the event with a toss of 103 feet, 11 inches.
Freshan Logan Dale placed sixth in the triple jump, leaping 31 feet, 3 inches, just a half-inch behind Amber Sumler of Hicks.
Mollie Simpson placed sixth in the 300-meter hurdles at 53.17.
Kristin Russell placed sixth in 800-meter run with a time of 2:47.36.
Beau Shively, the lone senior on the team, was seventh in the 200-meter dash at 24.31.
Rachel Pecanty placed 7th in the 1600-meter run at 6:16.76.
Sisters Kaley and Brooke Baker finished sixth and seventh, respectively, in the 3200-run.
Kaley Baker finished with a time of 13:38.74, while Brooke Baker came in at 13:48.79.
Ellen Bairnsfather was ninth in the 400-meter dash at 1:08.48.
Chance Cooper was ninth in the 300-meter hurdles with a time of 48.72.
"We took our alternates along, as well, so they could experience the atmosphere at a state track meet," Avery said. "I'm very proud of the entire team. They did a great job representing our school."
|Frank Morris Murder Series|