Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Lake St. John Flotilla set July 5th
- 2013 - 340 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- June 30th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 26th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- June 25th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- June 24th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- June 19th, 2008 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- June 18th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 12th, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- June 11th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- June 5th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- June 4th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- June 2nd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Lake St. John Flotilla set July 5th|
The Lake St John Flotilla 2008 will roll on Saturday, July 5th, at 2 p.m. to celebrate the "Blessing of the Fleet."
The pier judging will be at 6 p.m. July 5th. This will be the 15th year of the "Blessing the Fleet." The blessing will be at the Steckler Pier once again and the boat judging will be at Lynn James pier.
According to flotilla president Donna Maroon, "The flotilla committee is very happy to have two new members who have some great ideas and energy, Ryan Paul and Mike Fergerson. They are in charge of boat registration, prizes and t-shirts. The t-shirts should be available by the 15th and we will announce where they can be purchased closer to the event. We will also advertise the place and time for boat registration. If you wish to help in any way please contact Ryan or Mike at 318-547-9018.
"Although we had decided to forego the pier judging, the Krewe of St. John offered to sponsor it this year. They will be in charge of pier registration and prizes for the winners. A time and place for the registration will be announced later. For more info call 318-481-7213.
"We will not have a king and queen this year. We hope there will be renewed interest in the flotilla and what it means. The 'Blessing of the Fleet' signifies our hope for a safe and happy summer by the boaters who come out to enjoy our lake."
She said all proceeds after expenses go towards lake projects, donations to people in the community that need help and donations at Christmas to various charities.
She invited all to come out and "join us for the 'Blessing of the Fleet' boat and pier judging. Please decorate your boat and/or pier and help 'Keep the Fleet Afloat.'
|Frank Morris Murder Series|