Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: All-Parish team announced
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- June 30th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 26th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- June 25th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- June 24th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- June 19th, 2008 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- June 18th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 12th, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- June 11th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- June 5th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- June 4th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- June 2nd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|All-Parish team announced|
There may not have been a parish team advance past the first round of the playoffs in 2008 for the first time since 1993, but there were still plenty of individual accomplishments on the diamond.
While no team advanced past the first round, Vidalia, Huntington and Monterey qualified for the playoffs, while Ferriday got its first district win.
The 2008 All-Parish team is anchored by pitchers Trey Brasher, a sophomore from Vidalia, Monterey senior Jared Ensminger and Huntington junior Josh Lee.
Brasher was 2-0 on the season with a 3.90 earned run average. He had 30 strikeouts and walked 10. Brasher also hit .393 with three home runs.
Ensminger was 5-3 for the Wolves. He had a 4.81 earned run average against bigger schools and had 77 strikeouts.
The infield consists of Monterey seniors Beau Shively and Billy Metcalf, Ferriday sophomore Nieco Amado, Vidalia senior Trey Barnes and Vidalia sophomore Mason Ozburn, the 2008 Parish Player of the Year.
Barnes led Vidalia with a .463 batting average and six home runs. He also had 31 RBIs.
Ozburn, the Parish Player of the Year, hit .455 with three home runs and a .727 slugging percentage.
Shively batted .380 with two home runs and led the team with 22 RBIs.
Metcalf hit .411 with five doubles, scoring runs and eight RBIs.
Amado led the Trojans with a .357 batting average while showing a lot of range at shortstop.
Catching is Huntington junior Joey Roberts.
Roberts batted .344 and batted in eight runs.
The designated hitter is Jake DeWeese, who batted .375 with two home runs.
The outfield consists of Vidalia senior Hunter Martin, Huntington junior Tyler Pere´, and Vidalia High seniors Beau Doughty and Cameron Boyette.
Martin hit .338 with two home runs.
Doughty hit .324 and had 14 assists from the outfield.
Boyette hit.367 for the Vikings and scored 23 runs.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|