Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Robert Sebastian Comer Sr.
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- June 30th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 26th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- June 25th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- June 24th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- June 19th, 2008 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- June 18th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 12th, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- June 11th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- June 5th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- June 4th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- June 2nd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Robert Sebastian Comer Sr.|
Funeral services for Robert Sebastian "Bobby" Comer Sr., 77, of Ferriday, formerly of Vidalia and Natchez, were held Sunday, June 8, 2008, 2 p.m. at Comer Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. Paul Southerland officiating.
Burial followed at Greenlawn Memorial Park under the direction of Comer Funeral Home of Ferriday.
Mr. Comer was born November 3, 1930, in Ferriday, the son of George S. Comer Sr. and Clara H. Sweetman. He passed away Thursday, June 5, 2008, in Ferriday.
He was a lifelong resident of the area and a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Vidalia. He was a graduate of Vidalia High School, then attended Louisiana State University for two years. He was a veteran of the Korean Conflict, serving in the U.S Army. After Korea, he attended the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, where he graduated from with a degree in education. He then taught math and coached in the Concordia Parish School System. Mr. Comer worked for NASA for the duration of the Apollo Missions. He taught math at Co-Lin Natchez Campus until his retirement.
Mr. Comer was preceded in death by his parents; step father, William G. Sweetman; and his wife, Linda McCaskill Comer.
Survivors include his son, Robert S. "Robb" Comer Jr. of Natchez; two brothers, George S. Comer Jr. and his wife, Lee, of Ferriday and Henry R. Comer of Vidalia; two grandchildren, Amanda Comer and Ryan Comer, both of Natchez.
Pallbearers were Lee Mason, Clyde Savoy, Kelly Johnston, Ryan Comer, Robb Comer and Kurtz Stowers.
Honorary pallbearers were Kenneth McCaskill, Fred Wilson and the faculty and staff at Co-lin.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|