Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Shirley places third at PH&R
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- June 30th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 26th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- June 25th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 14 articles
- June 24th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- June 19th, 2008 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- June 18th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 12th, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- June 11th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- June 5th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- June 4th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- June 2nd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Shirley places third at PH&R|
Ten-year-old Pate Shirley of Vidalia won the hitting competition at the Team Championships Pitch Hit & Run competition at the Houston Astros' Minute Maid Park on Sunday, finishing third overall.
Shirley, who hit the ball 200 feet in Minute Maid Park, placed first in the 9-10 competition held in Vidalia earlier and won the Sectional competition in Natchitoches last month. The Sectional competition for the Houston Astros included 9 -and 10-year olds from Mississippi (3), Louisiana (2) and Southern Texas (6).
The top scorer in the 30 Team Championships advanced to the National Finals which will be during the Major League Baseball All-Star Baseball game in Yankee Stadium in New York.
The 30 finalists will compete prior to the Home Run Derby and then shag fly balls during the Home Run Derby.
Each contestant hit from a stationary tee and the three hits are judged on distance and accuracy. Batters hit the ball along a string and the hits are measured for length and the number of feet the ball is from the string is deducted from the distance.
Pate's longest hit at the Sectional was 280 feet.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|