Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Bonnie Jean Anderson Robertson
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Bonnie Jean Anderson Robertson|
Funeral services for Bonnie Jean Anderson Robertson, 79, of Ferriday were held Friday, June 27, 2008, 2 p.m. at First Baptist Church in Ferriday with the Rev. Wayne Gray officiating.
Burial followed at Greenlawn Memorial Cemetery in Natchez under the direction of Young's Funeral Home.
Mrs. Robertson was born February 5, 1929, in Mangham, the daughter of Richard Bethea and Earleen Weems Anderson. She passed away June 25, 2008, in Ferriday.
Mrs. Robertson received her bachelor of science degree in elementary education from Northeast Louisiana State College and her master of education degree plus 30 hours from the University of Southern Mississippi. She taught in the Concordia Parish School System for 32 years.
Mrs. Robertson was an active member of the Louisiana Retired Teachers' Association. She was a past member and president of the Community Service Club of Ferriday. She was an active and dedicated member of First Baptist Church, having taught Sunday School for over 30 years.
Mrs. Robertson was a resident of Ferriday for 57 years. She enjoyed fishing, hunting, gardening and helping others.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 59 years, Ed Robertson; and one sister, Willa C. Taunton of Vidalia.
Survivors include one daughter, Cheryl Colvin and husband, Bill, of Ferriday; two sons, Richard Robertson and wife, Carol, and Pat Robertson, all of Shreveport; two granddaughters, Heather Robertson of Monterey and Emily Merrill and husband, Dan, of Ferriday; two grandsons, Matt Colvin of Ferriday and Andy Colvin and wife, Jenna, of Naples, FL; one great-granddaughter, Sarah Anne Merrill of Ferriday; a sister, Virginia Sibley of Clayton; and a number of nieces and nephews.
Pallbearers were Sam Endres, Alan Tompkins, Bill Beasley, Charles Wood, Mark Taunton, Mike Rabb and Rick Sibley.
Honorary pallbearers were members of Gene Taylor's Sunday School class, Dr. Herman Gibson and Brent Taunton.
The family asks that any planned memorials be made to Ferriday First Baptist Church WMU, Huntington School or to a charity of choice.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|