Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Court dates on tap for police officers
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Court dates on tap for police officers|
Court dates have been set for four former Ferriday police officers who were indicted in March by a parish Grand Jury.
All have entered pleas of not guilty.
A trial of motions is slated July 23rd for Rickey Hollins, 42, 200 South Oak St., Vidalia. Hollins was indicted for false imprisonment, aggravated assault, malfeasance in office and two counts of injuring public records.
Willie Robinson has filed a motion to quash his indictment. A hearing on that matter is slated for August 6th. Robinson, 41, 110 Loomis St., Clayton, was indicted for false imprisonment and malfeasance in office.
Arthur Johnson, a former towing service employee, will also be in court on August 6th. A preliminary hearing is scheduled in his case. Johnson was indicted on one count of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
Status hearings are scheduled August 13th for Juanita January and John Hawkins.
January was indicted for one count of felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile, while Hawkins, 40, 120 Canal St., Ferriday, was indicted on two counts of false imprisonment, and two counts of malfeasance in office.
No court dates have been set for ex-Police Chief Robert "Rock" Davis, 52, Ferriday, indicted on one count false imprisonment and one count malfeasance in office. Davis, a Concordia Parish Sheriff's Office deputy, resigned from his post after the indictments were announced.
The indictments followed a lengthy investigation by the District Attorney's office involving scores of complaints against some of the officers working for the Ferriday Police Department. Dist. Atty. John Johnson said 17 witnesses testified before the panel on Oct. 1, 2007 and on Feb. 6, 2008.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|