Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Flotilla, July 4th celebrations on tap in Concordia
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Flotilla, July 4th celebrations on tap in Concordia|
Americans will celebrate the country's 232nd birthday on Friday and the 16th annual flotilla on Lake St. John will be held on Saturday.
The "Blessing of the Fleet" is slated at Steckler's pier and the boat judging will be at Lynn James' pier.
Sheriff Randy Maxwell will lead the flotilla beginning at 2 p.m. at Lake St. John's Grocery.
For this long holiday weekend, governmental offices and banks will be closed Friday, July 4, in honor of America's birthday.
The Miss-Lou Community Choir will present a musical titled "Our Flag Was Still There" Thursday night at the Natchez City Auditorium at 7 p.m. Admission is free.
There will be fireworks on the Mississippi beginning at 9 p.m. Friday.
Boat registration for the flotilla will be held at Neely's Spokane Resort on Friday, from 6-8 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m.-12 noon. Proceeds from the flotilla will go to the Martha D. Paul Memorial Scholarship Fund.
This year, the radio station 107.1 The River has donated a special two-person cruise to be given away to one of the registered boats during the flotilla, as well as many other prizes.
The Lake St. John pier judging will be held on Saturday at 6 p.m. A fireworks display will be held across the lake from The Dock, sponsored by the community and organized by The Dock. The public, including past Kings and Queens of the flotilla, are invited to a party at The Dock on July 4 starting around 9 p.m.
The 2008 Flotilla T-Shirts are $15 and are available at: Afterglow Tanning Salon, Vidalia; Colvin's Pharmacy, Ferriday; Lake St. John Grocery, Lake St. John; Neely's Spokane Resort, Lake St. John; and Tiki Hut, Lake St. John.
For more information, contact Michael Ferguson or Ryan Paul at 318-547-9018.
The Krewe of St. John is sponsoring the 2008 Pier Decorating Contest to be held Saturday, July 5th, on Lake St. John.
Judging will start at 6 p.m.
Raffles will be held throughout the day.
Registration starts Friday, July 4, from 5-8 p.m., and Saturday, July 5, from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Myers' home, 4501 Hwy. 568, Lake St. John.
Registration will also be accepted at the Spokane Resort from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. Friday, July 4th.
For more information, contact Jack Myers at 318-481-7213.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|