Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Escapee may have been sighted in Clayton
- 2013 - 340 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Escapee may have been sighted in Clayton|
A Catahoula Parish correctional facility escapee -- Froilan Corrias -- may have been sighted in Clayton Tuesday night although deputies and the police chief didn't find the man.
Three deputies with the Concordia Parish Sheriff's Office and Clayton Police Chief Clarence "Papa" Skipper searched the area after customers at the Handy Trak reported seeing a man fitting the description of Carrias in the Shady Lane area around 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Catahoula Parish Sheriff James Kelly said the search is continuing and that blood hounds from the state prison in Angola were being transported to Catahoula this morning (Wednesday).
Kelly said the escapee is an Hispanic male, 44 years of age, 5-4, 130 pounds with very short hair. He was last seen wearing khaki pants and a blue or maroon shirt.
Kelly said Corrias escaped on July 10th from the correctional facility by scaling a fence.
"We're asking everyone to contact the sheriff's office if they see someone fitting this man's description," said Kelly. The number is 318-744-5411.
He noted that Corrias was arrested July 5 for simple rape and domestic violence.
"He has not been convicted of those charges," says Kelly, who also noted that Corrias did not have a previous arrest record "to our knowledge."
|Frank Morris Murder Series|