Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: IN TODAY'S SENTINEL -- WEDNESDAY, JULY 23, 2008
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|IN TODAY'S SENTINEL -- WEDNESDAY, JULY 23, 2008|
VIDALIA NATIVE NAMED ECONOMIC DIRECTOR
Vidalia native Heather Lanius Malone has been selected as director of the Concordia Parish Economic Development District. "I'm very excited," Malone said. "I can't wait to begin work."
BLAIN FILES SUIT ON ROAD WORK: CITES ENGINEER
W.E. Blain & Sons, Inc. of Natchez, the contractor for Phase 1 hardsurfacing work in Concordia Parish, has filed a countersuit to one filed against the company by the Police Jury in June.
RIVERFRONT PROPERTY LEASED FOR NEW HOTEL
Vidalia Mayor Hyram Copeland said an El Dorado, Ark., company has leased three acres of property on the Vidalia riverfront and should begin construction of a 105-room Holiday Inn this fall.
OPPOSITION VOICED TO BINGO IN FERRIDAY
Despite an hour of discussion and comments on allowing bingo in Ferriday, town attorney Anna Ferguson said an ordinance had to be introduced during a regular town meeting, not at the special meeting held Tuesday night.
DROUGHT CONDITIONS STRESSING CROPS
Hot, dry weather is taking its toll on crops in Concordia Parish and County Agent Glen Daniels says the "the corn in some cases is absolutely burned up." The corn harvest recently kicked off and some farmers are averaging only 80 bushels an acre, others above 100 bushels per area.
CRIME TASK FORCE FORMED IN CONCORDIA
The first eight hours investigating a crime scene are the most important, said Sheriff Randy Maxwell. That's why Maxwell has organized the Felony Action Task Force, made up of members of the Concordia Parish Sheriff's Office, Vidalia Police Department and Ferriday Police Department.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|