Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Ferriday Dixie Belles win State
- 2013 - 285 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Ferriday Dixie Belles win State|
The Ferriday 13-15-year-old Dixie Belles captured the state tournament by defeating Jefferson Parish Recreation District twice Wednesday.
Ferriday won the first game 2-1 and brought home the championship with a 3-1 win in hte second game.
The Ferriday Dixie Belles advance to the World Series, which will take place Aug. 1-7 in Alexandria.
Ellen Bairnsfather struck out four and allowed four hits to pick up the win in the first game. Thornton pitched the first two inning and allowed one run on one hit.
Ferriday's Kee Kee Collins had a triple.
In the first game of the night, Thornton, Sanders and Bairnsfather combined to strike out nine batters and allow just three hits.
Ferriday advanced to the finals of the Dixie Belles State Tournament with a 6-4 win over Ponchatoula Tuesday.
The Ferriday team, the lone unbeaten team in the tournament, meets Jefferson Parish Recreation District today.
Laylay Griffin doubled in Ferriday's first run of the game.
Logan Dale gave Ferriday its second run, scoring on a wild pitch.
Ferriday added to its run lead when Ellen Bairnsfather put down a perfect bunt to score Griffin and Molli Devening.
Heidi Thornton got the win for the Dixie Belles, allowing two hits over three inning before Mary Sanders and Bairnsfather finished up.
Ferriday defeated Ponchatoula 7-6 Sunday.
In thethird inning, LayLay Griffin led-off the inning with an out-of-the-park home run. Alaina Burns delivered a 2-RBI double to extend Ferriday's lead to 6-3.
Ferriday added a run in the bottom of the fourth as Ginny Daggett scored from third on a Heidi Thornton hit to the left side of the infield.
On Saturday, Ferriday defeated West Monroe, 7-1.
Heidi Thornton was the winning pitcher.
Keke Collins singled three times for the Dixie Belles.
Desiree Buie doubled and singled. Mary Sanders, Bailey New, Alaina Burns, Taylor Morace and Logan Dale each had one hit.
The Ferriday Dixie Debs 16-18 All-Stars fell to Jefferson Parish 5-0 Saturday and were eliminated by Caldwell Parish, 7-3 on Sunday.
Ferriday left the bases loaded in the top of the second inning and two runners on twice during the game.
Melissa McFarland started on the mound for Ferriday and pitched three innings of no-hit ball. Kacey Smith and Madison Simpson each went 2-for-4.
Against Caldwell, Kacey Smith had two singles, while Shaniquia Cameron doubled.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|