Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Bowden has two wins, two saves
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Bowden has two wins, two saves|
Barry Bowden picked up his second save Monday night as the Burlington Royals defeated the Bluefield Orioles, 3-2.
Bowden, 2-0, pitched a scoreless ninth to record his second save of the season.
"The umpire was kind of squeezing the plate and I walked a couple of guys," Bowden said. "You just have to adapt to him and make better pitches."
Bowden brought his earned run average down to 0.64. He has struck out 17 batters over 14 innings and has walked five.
"I'm just going out and doing the best I can," Bowden said. "I'm definitely pitching with a lot more confidence. I'm locating my pitches and just trying to take advantage of every opportunity."
Bowden is the Royals' closer after a season as Southern Mississippi's No. 1 pitcher during the spring.
"That has been an adjustment, but I've gotten used to it and kind of like it," he said. "I'm not going directly into the game and I can get a feel of things before going in."
It has certainly made for a long year for Bowden, who pitched in the Baton Rouge Regional.
"It's a grind, but I just go out with the mindset of I'm getting to play," he said. "I'm doing something I love to do, so I stay positive."
As for the future?
"I talked with (former USM teammate) Marc Maddox and he told me they never really tell you they are thinking of sending you up, they just one day tell you to pack your bags," Bowden said. "I'm just going out each day and trying to do what I can to do just that."
|Frank Morris Murder Series|