Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: John Stewart Greer
- 2013 - 348 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|John Stewart Greer|
Funeral services for John Stewart Greer, 47, of Ferriday were held Tuesday, July 29, 2008, 10 a.m. at Lake St. John Community Baptist Church in Ferriday. Rev. Karl Wilson officiated.
Burial followed at Greenlawn Memorial Park in Natchez under the direction of Comer Funeral Home.
Mr. Greer was born November 7, 1960, in McComb, MS, to C. S. "Bud" Greer and Helen Lucille Kelly, but most important of all, he was the adopted son of God the Father. He passed away Saturday, July 26, 2008, in Ferriday.
He had been a resident of Ferriday for over thirty years and was a retired crane operator for Helmerich and Payne, Inc. with fifteen years of service. He was a member of the Lake St. John Community Baptist Church in Ferriday.
He was preceded in death by his step father, Kenneth R. Kelly, his grandparents, L. L. and Hazel Dunn, and Wiley and Pat Greer.
Survivors include his mother, Helen Lucille Kelly of Ferriday; his father, C. S. "Bud" Greer of McComb; two sisters, Helen Wells and husband, Pete, of Smithdale, MS and Connie DeLaughter and husband, Bobby, of Brookhaven, MS; a brother, Perry Greer of Ferriday; two nephews, Shannon Greer of Ferriday and Cole Wells of Smithdale; niece, Brandi Harvey and husband, John, of Liberty, MS; two half-brothers, Andy Greer of McComb and Wendell Greer of Spokane, WA; a stepbrother, Kenny Kelly of Bauxit, AR; two step-sisters, Sue Estess and husband, Rufus, of Houston, TX, and Debbie Good and husband, Weldon, of Albuquerque, NM.
Pallbearers were Shannon Greer, Perry Greer, Cole Wells, Bonny May, Bobby May, and Dicky Greer.
Honorary pallbearers were Jimmy Greer, Bobby DeLaughter, and Pete Wells.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|