Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Ferriday to compete at Natchez High
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- July 31st, 2008 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- July 30th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- July 24th, 2008 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- July 23rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- July 17th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 16th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- July 15th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- July 9th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- July 3rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- July 2nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 19 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Ferriday to compete at Natchez High|
Ferriday High will compete in the Miss-Lou Challenge on August 22 at Natchez High, facing the Bulldogs in the finale.
The controlled scrimmage will consist of three scrimmages matching Louisiana teams against Mississippi teams.
Cathedral will face Pointe Coupee Central at 5 p.m.
Block meets Wilkinson County at 6:30 p.m.
Ferriday faces Natchez High at 8 p.m.
Ferriday High head football coach Freddie Harrison has 53 players out this season.
"We're working on conditioning and making sure everyone is straight up with their weights and not losing what we've already gained," he said.
Ferriday will host its jamboree on Aug. 30 beginning at 5 p.m. Richwood, Peabody and Washington-Marion will participate in the jamboree.
Vidalia High head football coach Dee Faircloth welcomed some of his lowest numbers in years, dressing out 43 players.
"It goes in cycles," Faircloth said. "But I'm very satisfied with the 43 we've got. We're getting more reps and work in with the lower numbers. Our problem is that we don't have a lot of linemen and not a lot of depth there."
Faircloth said he has been very pleased with his team's conditioning.
"Monday we ran thirty 30s and I have never had a ball club run thirty 30s that early into practice days. We will be in shape. We lost some games in the fourth quarter last year because we didn't push ourselves. But these kids have good attitudes. It's a great bunch of kids and they've done well."
Vidalia will scrimmage at Jena on August 21 or August 22 before hosting its annual jamboree on August 30 with Block, Delhi Charter and Tensas Parish competing.
Huntington School head football coach Chad Harkins welcomed 18 varsity players.
"And we've got a few freshmen dressed out to help with varsity," Harkins said.
Harkins said this year's team appears to be in better shape overall than last year's squad.
"It's hot out there, but we're making it the best way we can," Harkins said.
Huntington will host Tensas Academy in a scrimmage on Aug. 8. Tensas is going to 8-man football this year.
"He's got enough to put 11 on defense when we are on offense and we'll put eight on defense when they are on offense," Harkins said. "We're still working on conditioning. We've got a few new guys so we're going over a number of things trying to get everything tightened down."
|Frank Morris Murder Series|