Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Edgar Wilson Jones
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- August 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- August 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- August 24th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- August 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- August 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- August 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- August 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- August 12th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- August 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- August 1st, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Edgar Wilson Jones|
Funeral services for Mr. Edgar Wilson Jones, 91, of Ferriday were held at Young's Funeral Home on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at 10 a.m. with Rev. Randy Williams officiating.
Interment followed at New Pine Hill Cemetery under the direction of Young's Funeral Home in Ferriday.
Mr. Jones was born January 15, 1917, in Merigold, MS and passed away Saturday August 2, 2008, at Riverland Medical Center Ferriday. He was a resident of Ferriday, retired from Armstrong Tire and Rubber Company after 38 years of service where he was active in the Union of Armstrong Tire and Rubber Company. He served on Concordia Parish School Board for 23 years and helped organize and served on Concordia Parish Water Works for 43 years. He was also a deacon for Hill Memorial Baptist Church for 50 years and a member of the Masonic Lodge #390 for 52 years.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 61 years, Muriel Morace Jones; his parents, George and Ida Belle Jones; three sisters and three brothers.
Survivors include daughters, Cheryl Sanford and husband, Wayne, Peggy King and husband, James, Janice Lee and husband, Billy; sons, Mike Jones and wife, Diane, Eddie Jones and wife, Bunny, all of Ferriday; grandchildren, Donnie Dodge, Gloria Kelly, (Rennie) Cheryl Higdon, Janie Pounds, Liz Rushing, Tod, Troy and Toby King, Corey and Chris Jones, Danielle Hewitt, Teddi, Jared and Jordy Jones, Chad, Jeremy, Jessie and Josh Lee; 25 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
Pallbearers were grandsons Donnie Dodge, Tod King, Troy King, Toby King, Corey Jones, Chris Jones, Jared Jones, Jordy Jones and Josh Lee.
Honorary pallbearers were the Deacons of Hill Memorial Baptist Church, past members of E. W. Hunting Club, Van Osmon and Morris Johnson.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|