Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Ferriday adds weights to fieldhouse
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- August 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- August 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- August 24th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- August 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- August 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- August 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- August 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- August 12th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- August 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- August 1st, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Ferriday adds weights to fieldhouse|
The addition of state-of-the-art weights put the finishing touches on the new Ferriday High football fieldhouse with the season-opener only days away.
"There's a lot of pride in this facility," said Ferriday High head football coach Freddie Harrison. "Coming from what we had to what we have now is 10 times better."
The new fieldhouse, which is located at the west end of the school, has a weight room, locker room, shower facility, storage room and coaches office.
The Concordia Parish School Board paid $369,655 for the re-construction of the 4,000-square foot facility which used to be the trade center.
The weights costs $22,000 and are being paid for by the school.
"This is the most important thing you can have when it comes to any sport," Harrison said. "You have to develop the kids the best way possible and this facility allows us to do that."
The former locker room was located under the home stands of Melz Field separate from the football head coaching office. The weight room was on the other side of the coach's office.
"This brings everything together and the basketball teams and track teams can use this facility," said Ferriday Athletic Director and head football coach Freddie Harrison. "Ferriday High has had a winning program for years and now the athletes are reaping the benefits. This is a nice reward."
Harrison said he will be able to supervise the athletes much better in the new facility.
"I will be in the center of the activity and be able to watch everything going on," he said. "The new facility will also have air conditioning, so we will not have to worry as much about the heat problems that go along with working in the summer during the offseason."
|Frank Morris Murder Series|