Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Johnnie Duhe Perkins
- 2013 - 285 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- August 28th, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- August 27th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- August 24th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- August 21st, 2008 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- August 20th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- August 14th, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- August 13th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- August 12th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 8th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 7th, 2008 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- August 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- August 1st, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Johnnie Duhe Perkins|
Johnnie Duhe Perkins was born in Waterproof on October 6, 1927, the daughter of Ursin and Alice Durbin Duhe. She died Wednesday, August 20, 2008 at her home in Clayton.
She is survived by her son, Edmund Fredrick Perkins, Jr., his wife Deborah, and two daughters, Jennifer Aucoin and husband, Matt, and Sarah Perkins, all of Baton Rouge, and her daughter, Mary Perkins Coco, her husband Alphonse, and their two children, Katherine and Alphonse, of St. Joseph. She is also survived by a sister, Eva Kate Walker, of Wetumpka, AL.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 46 years, Edmund F. Perkins, her parents, two sisters, Corinne Harvey and Rosemary Fourrier, and two grandsons, Robert Edmund Perkins and John Lloyd Perkins.
Mrs. Perkins was actively involved in Clayton Baptist Church for over 50 years where she served as Sunday School teacher, Vacation Bible School teacher, church clerk and treasurer. She was a member of the Clayton Elementary School PTA and served as president for many years. She was also a charter member of the Panola Woods Country Club and Ladies' Auxiliary. She and her husband owned and operated Delta Jersey Farm, the Borden's milk distributorship, for over 30 years.
The family would like to recognize Mrs. Perkins' caregivers, Phyllis Jackson and Mary Alice Clark, who were with her continuously for the past year and a half and always treated her with love and compassion.
Funeral services were held Friday, August 22, 2008 at Young's Funeral Home in Ferriday with interment at Legion Memorial Cemetery in Newellton.
Pallbearers were Buck Andrews, Arnold McVey, Ray Routon, Sammie Parker and Scotty Wright
The family asks that memorials be made to Clayton Baptist Church or the LSU 4-H Foundation.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|