Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Ferriday blanks Madison
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- September 29th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 14 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Ferriday blanks Madison|
Ferriday High extend its regular season win streak to 13 as the Trojans opened the 2008 season with a 38-0 win over Madison Parish Friday in Tallulah.
Madison made the game look like it was going to be a test early, driving from their own 45-yard line to the Ferriday 4-yard line before fumbling the ball away to the Trojans.
"We came out flat," said Ferriday head coach Freddie Harrison. "We got to the game late, wasn't able to warm up and then they didn't have any running water. A lot of the kids were without lights all week and there were a lot of distractions with the hurricane (Gustav). But these kids find a way to persevere and find a way to win. That's their mindset."
The Trojans marched the ball down the field and quarterback Rodney Lawson accounted for the first points of the season with a 2-yard run with 3:49 remaining in the first quarter. The conversion failed.
Both teams exchanged interceptions with Levier Pryor picking off a Jaguar pass and returned it to the Madison 9-yard line.
Bobby Madison scored from eight yards out early in the second period and Madison ran in the conversion to put the Trojans up 14-0.
DaVante Scott then picked off a Madison Parish pass and returned it to the Jaguar 19-yard line.
On fourth down at the goal line, the Trojans scored on a four-yard pass from Lawson to Madison.
Ferriday increased its lead early in the third period to 26-0 as Madison, who finished with 121 yards on 19 carries, scored on a 30-yard run.
Ferriday's final score came on a 92-yard drive which included a fourth down conversion at the Trojans 37-yard line. Madison ended the drive with a 10-yard TD run.
Lawson completed 4-of-5 passes for 125 yards.
Pryor finished the game with three catches for 121 yards.
Ferriday hosts Block Friday.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|