Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Walter Ramsey Myers Sr.
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- September 29th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 14 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Walter Ramsey Myers Sr.|
Funeral services for Mr. Walter Ramsey Myers, Sr., 83, of Sicily Island were held at First Baptist Church Of Sicily Island on Saturday, September 20, 2008, 10 a.m. with Bro. James Gass and Bro. Ken Hoots officiating.
Burial followed at Highland Park Cemetery under the direction of Young's Funeral Home in Ferriday.
Mr. Myers was born October 14, 1924 in Eddiceton, MS and passed away Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at Franklin Medical Center in Winnsboro.
He was a retired heavy equipment operator for Department of Transportation for 32 years. Mr. Myers was a member of First Baptist Church of Sicily Island. He was an avid hunter and fisherman. He came to Louisiana in 1945 but always considered Mississippi his home. He was in the U.S. Army from 1943 to 1950 and was a veteran of World War II and the Korean Conflict.
He was preceded in death by his father, John Myers, Sr.; mother, Retha Wallace Myers; son, Danny Myers; sister, Gertrude Cabarac; and brother, John Myers, Jr.
Survivors include his wife of 62 years, Annie Louise Daniel Myers of Sicily Island; daughters, Cecilia Myers Hoffman of Ferriday, Johnnye Mae Myers Grubbs and husband, Mitchell, of West Monroe; son, Walter Myers, Jr. and wife, Jackie, of Sicily Island; daughter-in-law, Alberta Myers of Sicily Island; sister, Ruby Myers Davis of Natchez; brother, Willie George Myers and wife, Maureen, of Grand Rapides, MI; granchildren, Tish Budemer of Sicily Island, Standley Myers of Sicily Island, Matthew Myers and wife, Leanne, of Clayton, Wendy LeRay of Sicily Island, Nancy Bicker and husband, Jonathan, of San Antonio, TX, Mitch Grubbs and wife, Christie, of Bossier City, and Chad Grubbs of West Monroe; great-grandchildren, Khai Dang of Walker, Jacob and Anna Myers of Clayton, Breanna and Krystal LeRay of Sicily Island, and Will Budemer of Sicily Island.
Pallbearers were Chad Grubbs, Mitch Grubbs, Matthew Myers, Standley Myers, Dallas Batey, Jr. and Roger Carter.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|