Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Mangham cruises past Vidalia
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 10th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Mangham cruises past Vidalia|
Vidalia head coach Dee Faircloth did not spend a lot of time watching video of the Vikings' 46-0 loss to Mangham Friday for Homecoming.
It was painful enough the first time.
"It was like an avalanche," Faircloth said. "Bad things happened and then got worse."
Mangham led 40-0 at halftime, the most points scored in a half on a Vidalia team.
Ferriday beat Vidalia 54-6 in 2005, leading 23-0 at halftime.
In 2000, Ouachita Christian led Vidalia 37-0 at halftime before walking away with a 58-0 win.
In 2001, in a playoff game, Port Barre scored 28 points on Vidalia in the first quarter and led 35-0 at halftime on its way to a 49-8 win over the Vikings.
Faircloth has never liked Homecoming. That, along with the fact Vidalia was coming off one of its biggest wins in three years at Ferriday and the Vikings were nursing several injuries from the physical game with the Trojans spelled trouble from the outset.
"We guys going in opposite directions out there," Faircloth said. "Mangham has a good ball club. They have a senior team with a lot of athletes."
Mangham drove down the field on its first possession, converting a fourth-and-two on the Viking 22-yard line with a 2-yard run by Edward Blount. Quarterback Josh Wilson scored on a 3-yard run. Kyle King added the conversion kick.
After a Viking fumble was returned 26 yards on Vidalia's first possession, King hooked up with Jonathaon Harris on a 4-yard pass play to increase the Dragon lead to 13-0.
"That really hurt them and gave us some momentum," Meeks said.
After losing seven yards on its next possession, Vidaila punted to Mangham. On the first play from its 39-yard line, Wilson faked a short pass to Montel Hardman and then threw long to a wide open Hardman who raced to the end zone. King's kick put Mangham up 20-0 with 3:17 remaining in the first quarter.
Early in the second quarter, Wilson connected with Michael Holland on an 18-yard pass to the Vidalia 18-yard line, which led to an 18-yard TD run by Blount.
Holland set up the next score with a 57-yard punt return to the Viking 17 where two plays later Wilson hooked up with Harris on a shuffle pass for the score.
The Dragons made it 40-0 at halftime as Shaquille Ausberry intercepted a pass and returned it 36 yards for the score.
The only score of the second half came on a 28-yard run by Ausberry.
Wilson finished 8-of-15 for 149 yards and two touchdowns. Holland caught six passes for 64 yards.
"That guy left us in our tracks," Fairlcoth said about Holland, who is a third cousin of former Mangham and Louisiana Tech wide receiver Johnathon Holland, who was a seventh round draft choice of the Oakland Raiders in 2007.
Hardman had two catches for 66 yards.
"This is a big win for our program from the standpoint we beat a quality program with a lot of tradition and an outstanding coach," Meeks said.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|