Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: IN TODAY'S SENTINEL -- WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2008
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 10th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|IN TODAY'S SENTINEL -- WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2008|
BUS DRIVER INJURED IN WRECK: 45 STUDENTS TREATED
A bus driver was seriously injured and 45 public school students were taken to hospitals this morning following a two-vehicle crash in Vidalia. All but one of the students were treated and released by noon today, according to Supt. Loretta Blankenstein. One child suffered a hip injury.
BURGET TO RESTRUCTURE DA'S OFFICE
District Attorney-elect Brad Burget said this week he plans to restructure the DA's office and "will change the culture and work ethic of the office." Elected to the DA's post on Saturday, Burget takes office January 1. The 35-year-old attorney said he's already making plans to "get organized."
LANDRIEU TO MEET WITH LOCAL FARMERS
U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu said she will meet with local farmers next week to discuss the aftermath of hurricanes Gustav and Ike. "People do not realize how hard our farmers were hit by these past two storms," Landrieu said. Landrieu will be in Concordia Oct. 16 for the dedication of the Vidalia Conference and Convention Center. She'll meet with farmers during this visit.
JOHNSON RE-ELECTED TO DIVISION A JUDGE'S POST
Seventh Judicial District Division A Judge Kathy Johnson was re-elected to her third term on Saturday tallying 62.26 percent of the vote in Concordia and Catahoula parishes. Johnson received 5,830 votes districtwide to defeat challenger John Reeves, who polled 3,534 votes. Reeves, of Jonesville, practices law in Harrisonburg.
BURGET BEATS TWO TO WIN DA'S POST
Brad Burget outdistanced two opponents by 801 votes on Saturday to win the District Attorney's race for the Seventh Judicial District, comprising Concordia and Catahoula parishes. Burget garnered 54.31 percent of the vote in the district, recording 5,046 votes to defeat Ronnie McMillin, who finished in second with 3,070 votes (33.04 percent), and Andy Magoun, who finished third with 1,175 votes (12.65 percent).
KNOLL, GREMILLION IN JUDGE RUN-OFF; LOCAL RACES DECIDED
A run-off for Third Circuit Court of Appeal Judge was one result of Saturday's primary election, while other districtwide races as well as Constable and Justice of the Peace elections locally were decided. The turnout in Concordia Parish election was 46 percent, according to Clerk of Court Clyde Ray Webber.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|