Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: J. W. "Dub" Adams
- 2013 - 285 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 10th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|J. W. "Dub" Adams|
Funeral services for Mr. J. W. "Dub" Adams, 76 ,of Wildsville, were held at First Penecostal Church of Jonesville on Sunday, October 5, 2008 at 2 p.m. with Rev. Jack Knapp and Bro. Danny Sharp officiating.
Interment followed at Evangeline Cemetery under the direction of Young's Funeral Home in Ferriday.
Mr. Adams was born January 12, 1932 in Larto, the son of Samuel Lee and Florence "Maude" Gaspard Adams. He passed away Friday October 3, 2008 at his home after a lengthy battle with cancer.
He was a lifelong resident of Jonesville, a commercial fisherman, a retired worker for the Town of Jonesville and a member of the First Pentecostal Church of Jonesville.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 52 years, Lois Paul Adams; three brothers, J.C. Adams, Curtis Adams and Wesley Adams; sister, Wanda Cotton; and his parents.
Survivors include his second wife, Margie Carlton Carlos Adams; one son, Leland Paul Adams Sr. and daughter-in-law, Judy Adams, both of Wildsville; grandson, Leland Paul Adams, Jr., and his wife, Heidi, of Wildsville; and one great-grandson, Wesley Paul Adams. He is also survived by one brother, Clarence Lee Adams and his wife, Naomi Adams, of Jonesville; two sisters, Mary Bordelon and Francis Everne Whatley, both of Jonesville; as well as a host of family and friends.
Pallbearers were Richard Netherland,"Tuffy" Book, Reggie Whatley, Barney Lee Adams, Ronnie "Slick" Adams, and Gary Carlton
Honorary pallbearers were Billy Carlton, Ben Adams, Buddy Dupree, Coy Book and Clay Adams.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|