Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Judge Johnson re-elected to Division A post
- 2013 - 348 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 10th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Judge Johnson re-elected to Division A post|
Seventh Judicial District Division A Judge Kathy Johnson was re-elected to her third term on Saturday tallying 62.26 percent of the vote in Concordia and Catahoula parishes.
Johnson received 5,830 votes districtwide to defeat challenger John Reeves, who polled 3,534 votes. Reeves, of Jonesville, practices law in Harrisonburg.
Johnson, also from Jonesville, carried absentee votes in both parishes and led in 39 of the 50 precincts, with Reeves leading in 11.
"I'm grateful to the people in Catahoula and Concordia parishes for their vote which enables me to continue to serve as their judge," Johnson said. "I'm thankful to have the wonderful friends and family who worked so hard for me.
"I pledge to continue to work hard, be independent, fair and impartial. I plan to implement new programs to help our young people and as before the door to my office is always open."
She wished her opponent well, noting that she looked "forward to working with Mr. Reeves in the future."
"I thank all the voters who supported me in this election," said Reeves. "One thing I enjoyed was hearing many stories told me about two of my grandparents, Judge John Dale and Judge Roger Reeves Sr."
Reeves said he sees the campaign "as a honing and refining process. I enjoyed it very much. The memories of meeting all of the nice people in our area are priceless to me. I donConcordia, Johnson polled 3,650 votes (63.77 percent) to 2,074 for Reeves (36.23 percent). She carried 17 of 21 precincts to four for Reeves.
In Catahoula, Johnson carried 22 of 29 precincts. Reeves carried seven. Johnson led in Catahoula with 2,180 votes to 1,460 for Reeves, garnering 59.89 percent of the vote.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|