Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Cockerham recovering following bus accident
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 10th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Cockerham recovering following bus accident|
Concordia Parish bus driver James Cockerham is recovering this week at University Medical Center in Jackson, Miss.
Cockerham was transported to UMC with severe injuries following a two-vehicle crash on the morning of Oct. 8 involving the Durham Services bus and a City of Vidalia garbage truck.
Emergency personnel had to extricate Cockerham from the bus.
According to Helen Whiteman, Cockerham's sister, he is in for a long recovery.
"We are thrilled, but he is not out of the woods yet," she said. "We just thank everyone for their prayers and support and ask them to please keep them (prayers) going."
Cockerham has undergone three surgeries since the accident for two broken legs and facial lacerations. He will require another surgery this week.
Whiteman said opened his eyes for the first time and communicated with his family Sunday night. She said his first thoughts were of the children on the bus.
The 45 Concordia Parish school students involved were taken to local hospitals for mostly minor injuries.
The garbage truck driver, Frank Warner, suffered a broken rib in the accident and another employee, Lee Collins, suffered a bump on his head.
The crash occured on U.S. Highway 84 (Carter Street) at a traffic signal in front of the local Wal-Mart store.
A Louisiana State Police reconstruction team was called to the scene to assist in the crash investigation, according to Vidalia Police Chief Tapper Hendricks.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|