Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: School Board tables pay raise issue
- 2013 - 340 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 10th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|School Board tables pay raise issue|
The Concordia Parish School Board, with one member absent, tabled a discussion on a pay raise for board members and took care of other routine matters during a brief regular meeting Thursday night.
Board President Gary Parnham opened the meeting asking for prayers and support for James Cockerham and students on board his bus which was involved in a two-vehicle accident on Hwy. 84 in Vidalia last week. Cockerham was seriously injured, and some 45 students were treated at area hospitals.
Supt. Loretta Blankenstein also thanked students, parents, school personnel, law enforcement, emergency personnel and many other who assisted in the moments and hours following the accident.
In other action, the board approved the payment of invoices for the month of September totaling $3,294,476 and approved a resolution for special counsel.
Board member Ricky Raven asked if the District Attorney could provide some of the legal needs of the board, noting that DA's in other parishes work with local boards.
Board member Fred Butcher said the DA has a heavy case load and may not be able to provide the board the full attention it needs to handle various legal matters.
In other business, the board approved the following personnel matters:
Kristen Brown, Pre-K teacher, Vidalia Lower, effective September 18, 2008.
Alice Aldridge, programmer, data processing, effective October 3, 2008.
Gail Duncan, paraprofessional, Ferriday Jr. High, effective November 21, 2008.
Barbara Young, paraprofessional, Ferriday High School, effective October 31, 2008.
Tena Payne, teacher, Ferriday Jr. High, effective September 8,2008, for the remainder of the 2008-2009 school year.
Lindsay Roy, Pre-K teacher, Vidalia Lower, effective October 13, 2008.
Cristi Welch, paraprofessional, Vidalia Jr. High, effective date to be determined.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|