Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Green Wave fall to Stringer
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 10th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Green Wave fall to Stringer|
Playing close does not always bring a lot of satisfaction, but considering the teams Cathedral High faces in its region, that's something the Green Wave are trying to build on.
Cathedral fell to Stringer 48-33 Friday and now must face unbeaten Puckett.
"The kids played a good game Friday and I was proud of them," said Green Wave coach Craig Beesley. "They made a good comeback. We had a chance to tie late, but missed a 2-point conversion. We've got three games remaining and our chances of making the playoffs are real slim. But we are going to keep playing hard and practicing until we get it right. Right now we are playing for respect and pride."
Preston Edwards completed 16-of-32 passes for 201 yards and three touchdowns in the loss to Stringer, which dropped the Green Wave to 3-4.
Jeb White led the Green Wave's rushing attack with 14 carries for 104 yards with one touchdown to go with two catches for 19 yards and a touchdown.
Daniel Jenkins had five catches for 107 yards and two touchdowns.
Cathedral hosts Puckett, which defeated the Green Wave, 49-13 last year.
"They are strong and physical like they were last year," Beesley said. "They are going to run straight at us. We're going to have to load up in the box and try and stop them."
|Frank Morris Murder Series|