Are you for armed guards at schools?|
Story Archives: Ferriday falls to Jonesboro-Hodge
- 2013 - 290 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 10th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Ferriday falls to Jonesboro-Hodge|
After missing out on a chance to go into the dressing at halftime at least tied with Jonesboro-Hodge, then in the final quarter miscues led to a 31-6 Tiger win in the District 2-2A opener for both teams.
Ferriday was trailing Jonesboro-Hodge 7-0 just before halftime with the Trojans on the Tiger 5-yard line when J-H intercepted a pass in their own end zone.
"They had a good play call on where they blitzed from the outside," Harrison said. "We were trying to run a bootleg and they made the play by getting an interception."
"We had the momentum going into the dressing room," said Jonesboro-Hodge coach Joey Pender. "I was real proud of our effort, especially the defense in the second half."
Ferriday trailed 14-6 going into the final period.
J-H then scored 17 unanswered points, including J-H's RoDonovan Lewis returning an interception 101 yards for a touchdown.
"Once you start stumbling, it's hard to catch your balance," Harrison said "Eventually if you stumble too long, you lose your balance."
Ferriday's only score came on a short TD run by Bobby Madison.
"We played well for three quarters," Harrison said. "The thing is, you have to play all four quarters. And everybody has to play hard on every down. We didn't have that Friday."
Ferriday, which finished unbeaten last year in district, travels to Sterlington Friday for another 2-2A contest.
Ferriday's final two district games will be played at Melz Field.
Following a non-district game at Beau Chene on Oct. 24, the Trojans host Farmerville and Lake Providence.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|