Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Pere´ era starts at Huntington
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 10th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Pere´ era starts at Huntington|
Nicky Pere´ is jumping straight into the frying pan as after serving as a junior varsity coach last season Pere´ is taking over as head coach of the Huntington boys and girls teams this season.
Pere´ is replacing Penny Moak, who retired after last season and David Boydstun, who also hung up his whistle prior to this season.
"The closer it gets, the more anxious I am becoming," Pere´ said. "The girls have been working for about a month, but we've only got two boys who are not playing football. They are all responding and working hard."
Pere´ takes over a boys team that has seven seniors. Tyler Pere´, Phillip Washington, Matt Swilley, Josh Lee and Jordan Wilson are being joined by newcomers Brelin Cage and Jeremy Randall.
Juniors are Jess Dossett, Kevin Brown and Andreas Swanson.
"We've got some boys who have played a lot of basketball," Pere´ said. "I think this year's team will be more athletic and be able to do some things we couldn't do last year. We'll use more man-to-man defense, pressing and trapping and have a more up-tempo game using the fast break a lot."
The girls team includes seniors Emilee Johns, Julie Moak, Sara Hoover and Julia Corbett. Juniors are Abi Brown, Kristen Havard, Brianna Olds and Jordan Jackson.
"We're short in numbers with the girls, but we've been working on a lot of conditioning drills and running a lot," Pere´ said. "We've got some girls who have played a lot and are good athletes, we just don't have enough of them."
The early season schedule includes the Huntington Doubleheader on Nov. 24-25 at Huntington in which several area teams will compete in the two-day tournament.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|