Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Red-hot Buckeye visits Vidalia
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 10th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Red-hot Buckeye visits Vidalia|
It's been a while since Buckeye High School was 5-1 six games into the season.
As a matter of fact, the Panthers were 5-2 in 1997 when they defeated Vidalia 14-8 for their first-ever win over the Vikings.
Buckeye defeated Vidalia 33-14 last year for only their second win over Vidalia.
"This is definitely one of their better teams," said Vidalia coach Dee Faircloth. "They are very physical and don' make a lot of mistakes. And then they will capitalize on your errors."
Last Friday night, Buckeye stopped Bunkie three times inside the 20-yard line in a 17-7 district win.
Two of the defensive stops came in the first quarter after Bunkie had intercepted two Buckeye passes.
After the first interception, Bunkie drove to the Buckeye six-yard line and had second and goal.
The Buckeye defense held and then blocked Bunkie field goal attempt.
Moments later, Bunkie intercepted another Buckeye pass at the Buckeye 28-yard line. Bunkie had a first down at the 17, but gained no yards on four plays.
Buckeye defeated Bolton 13-3 in its District 3-3A opener.
Vidalia is one game behind both Marksville and Buckeye in District 2-2A. The Vikings are rated No. 45 in Class 3A power points. Buckeye is No. 22.
"Right now we have an outside chance in district, but we have to beat Buckeye, Avoyelles and Bolton and somebody has to knock off Marksville," Faircloth said. "If there are three teams tied for the district championship, then all three will go to the playoffs."
Faircloth said his team must get out of the gate quicker than it has in its past few games.
"We need to come out focused and ready to play," he said. We need to find some consistency."
|Frank Morris Murder Series|