Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: What happened to the 'D'?
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 10th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|What happened to the 'D'?|
Am I disappointed LSU is 5-2 right now?
Am I surprised?
I picked LSU to go 11-2 this season.
Am I disappointed in the play of the quartebacks? Yes.
Am I surprised?
I said LSU's inexperience at quarterback would cost them a couple of games. I did think those games would be Auburn and Florida. And before you get too down in the dumps about the season, check out what's going on at Auburn and Tennessee.
Will I be disappointed if LSU finishes with three or more losses this season? Yes.
Will I be surprised? Yes.
As bad as LSU looked against Florida and Georgia, I still expect the Tigers to be favored in their games the rest of the season. Even against Alabama.
Granted, if the Jarrett Lee and the Tiger defense plays in the same fashion against Alabama the way they played against Florida and Auburn, Nick Saban will be doing something he did a lot of a few years ago, walking out of Tiger Stadium with a big ol' smile.
A win over Alabama will take a lot of the hurt away and the players and coaches know that.
Yet, an LSU win will be a surprise to a lot of folks.
On ESPN's The Sports Reporters Sunday morning, the group said they felt the SEC Championship Game will be the test for Alabama.
Charles Davis of CBS said Sunday afternoon that he believes Alabama will beat LSU.
But even a win over Alabama does not guarantee a 12-2 regular season record.
Right now, Ole Miss is certainly no gimmee and Houston Nutt has had LSU's number in the past.
Playing at Arkansas will not be a given either.
LSU's defense has come up short when it came time to come up with some big stops this season.
The Tigers have tried using "The Express" where four defensive ends line up on the line to supposedly get pressure on the quarterback.
I think it has been more like an espresso. It certainly has to be keeping LSU coaches up at night.
I don't believe Les Miles will be spending as much time on the talk circuit banquet this offseason as he did last season.
I would love to see him spend some time bringing in a quality defensive coordinator.
Will Muschamp has made a difference everywhere he has been and I expect him to be a head coach somewhere next season.
I wonder if he has a little brother?
|Frank Morris Murder Series|