Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Vikings lose heartbreaker
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 10th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Vikings lose heartbreaker|
Buckeye High scored four straight touchdowns in the final period to overtake Vidalia 27-20 in a District 2-2A contest at Vidalia Friday.
"That's the worst loss I have ever had," said Vidalia coach Dee Faircloth. "To be up on a team like Buckeye 20-0 and then we just went crazy. It was worse than self-destruction."
Buckeye improved to 6-1 and 3-0 in district, while Vidalia fell to 2-4 overall and 1-2 in district play.
Buckeye hosts Marksville Friday for the district title.
Vidalia scored on its first possession, going 66 yards on 12 plays with Caleb Vines hitting Dee Fleming on a 21-yard TD pass for the score. The try for two failed.
Neither team threatened again until the second period when Vines threw long to Fleming on a 68-yard pass play for the score. Seth Thompson kicked the point-after increasing the Viking lead to 13-0 with 7:38 remaining.
An interception by Michael Thompson set up Vidalia's final score.
Vines connected with Tri McCoy on a 16-ayrd pass to the Buckeye 26 before Vines hit Marvin Payne on a 21-yard TD pass play. Thompson added the kick for a 20-0 lead with 3:12 remaining.
Buckeye moved to the Viking 17-yard line, but Vidalia held to take the 20-point lead into the dressing room.
Vines had 132 of his 155 passing yards in the first half.
Buckeye fumbled on its first possession and the Vikings moved to the Panther 12-yard line where they turned it over on downs.
Buckeye got on the board in the final period as Blade Driggers scored on a 2-yard run. The conversion kick failed.
The Panthers then recovered an onsides kick. Buckeye quarterback Jacob Carter passed to to the Viking 3-yard line and Driggers scored from there to pull to within 20-13. Caleb Gammel added the kick.
Buckeye recovered a Vidalia fumble inside the the Viking 30-yard line and Chris Barbat scored on an 11-yard run with 6:32 remaining.
An unsportsmanlike conduct penalty pushed the ball back 15 yards and the Panthers missed the conversion kick.
Buckeye recovered a fumble near midfield and seven plays later Barbat scored from seven yards out wtih 3:30 remaining to give the Panthers their first lead of the game.
The two-point conversion put the Panthers up 27-20.
Buckeye stopped Vidalia's final attempt to tie the game.
|Frank Morris Murder Series|