Who do you think should manage Ferriday water?|
Story Archives: Ferriday downs Beau Chene
- 2013 - 300 articles
- 2012 - 856 articles
- 2011 - 635 articles
- 2010 - 1276 articles
- 2009 - 1591 articles
- 2008 - 1763 articles
- December 2008 - 148 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 183 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 10th, 2008 (Friday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- September 2008 - 128 articles
- August 2008 - 150 articles
- July 2008 - 143 articles
- June 2008 - 120 articles
- May 2008 - 148 articles
- April 2008 - 147 articles
- March 2008 - 143 articles
- February 2008 - 146 articles
- January 2008 - 160 articles
|Ferriday downs Beau Chene|
A good week of practice led to a good effort from Ferriday High's football team as the Trojans defeated Beau Chene 26-13 Friday in Arnauldville in a contest where all the scoring took place in the first half.
"We didn't have anyone hurt, anyone missing practice or anyone having classroom problems," said Ferriday High head coach Freddie Harrison. "It helps a whole lot when you don't have distractions. You can win football games when you have a good week of practice."
Levier Pryor scored two touchdowns for the Trojans, while Rodney Lawson ran in another and passed to DaVante Scott for a fourth score. Nieco Amado had a touchdown called back.
"I thought we played real well," Harrison said. "I finally think the young kids understand that they have to make some plays. We need everybody to make plays."
Five of the Trojans' nine drives consisted of at least 10 plays.
"When you do that and don't turn the football over, it means they can't score," Harrison said. "I'm proud of our offensive line and defense was strong
While the win was not a district win, the contest did enable Ferriday to be ranked No. 31 in the Class 2A power ratings according to kenramsey.com. The top 32 teams advance to the playoffs.
"We don't pay a lot of attention to that," Harrison said. "We want our kids to understand what it takes and how to prepare to win football games. We just want to continue working hard and doing everything we can on the field to make the playoffs."
|Frank Morris Murder Series|